Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Get the Mop - My Mind is Blown

I just spent the last 2 hours listening to an archived webinar from Legacy Family Tree. This webinar spent 2 hours going in depth with some of the actual development team from Google+ and some of the biggest names in genealogy to show how Google+ works. All I can say is WOW.

I know I’m a GEEK but this stuff is potentially how we will all use our computers in the years to come. The seminar is free for the next week at http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/Webinars.asp along with a list of up-coming genealogy and Google+ webinars.

The one on Google+ is a long one but the broadcast can be paused, even for hours if necessary. I have six pages of notes and my head is swimming with the possibilities. I remember when Apple Computers first introduced hyperstacks that I felt the same way. Hyperstacks were the precursor to how we use hypertext links (web links) on the Internet and Apple was not even sure at the time what to do with them.

Google+ is not another Facebook or MySpace and this webinar from Legacy Family Tree is not just for geeks and genealogists. It really helps the novice user understand the features and possibilities of this incipient technology and makes the experienced computer user glad to be alive. So – get a pot of coffee or tea, a good chair, and get a glimpse of what’s next but do it before Aug 25th when you'll have to order the CD instead of viewing it free.

Happy Hunting!

1 comment:

  1. "Hyperstacks." There's a blast from the past. Just the mere reminder of them makes me want to reach for my migraine pills.

    Meant to watch the original webinar, but wound up missing it. Watching the archive is on my radar, for whenever I get a couple hours of freedom (HA!). Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete