Wednesday, July 30, 2014

research hint

look at all the types of records you have from your online searches. If you have an unusual record type, see if that record type exists for others in your tree. I have a Veteran's compensation application from WWII for my Dad and no one else. I have other WWII vets in my tree and i should be able to locate this form for them, also.

I also have a US Dept of Veteran Affairs BIRLS death file for my Dad and noticed that the database says it covers 1850-2010 - looks like i have some more digging to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment